Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peter’s Peripatetic Pages: Blog, Phase II

I’m about two months into my first job, and things are going well. I’m liking what I’m doing, the people seem really great, and I’m really settling into the neighborhood quite well. Unfortunately, this means that I’m going to be a bit more tied down than the purpose of this blog really allows. I still hope to get out and go on crazy expeditions from time to time, but the fact is that I’m just not going to be churning out the massive expedition reports like I have in the past year.

However, that doesn’t mean this blog is going away. No, sir. Already, there are plenty of things I’ve found during my travels throughout the district that I want to share, including facts about the history of DC and some pretty crazy goings on that have happened since I’ve been there. I’ll also be talking a bit about my new arrangements, living off on my own in a tiny studio apartment. As someone who has lived in suburbia their entire life, I keep finding aspects of the urban lifestyle that are foreign to me yet at the same time completely fascinating.

Now that things are finally starting to settle down, I can finally start to kick back and relax in the evenings. In fact, that’s pretty much been my main goal for the last 15 years: get back to the point where I don’t have homework. Since I was 8, there’s always been stuff to do after I get home, and I can’t wait for the day where when I’m done for the day, I’m actually done. Sure, I know that some day I’ll probably have enough responsibility that I’ll have to respond to emails and take calls during all hours... but I figure by the time I get to that point I’ll be making a good deal more money.

So anyway, in addition to being able to start going to bed before 1am - I still haven’t broken myself of that habit - I think it’s about time for me to start blogging recreationally  again. I’m looking forward to it, and I hope you are too! I think I’ve got some cool stuff lined up to share.



1 comment:

  1. awesome, very cool, glad all is well. I like the picture too, like the first day of school pictures from the front porch while growing up. PETER!! go to bed, it's 1am somewhere.

    ReplyDelete